Monday, March 8, 2010

Vintage Dreams

I LOVE everything about fashion – the creativity, the glamour, the history, the energy and fun. Designers, photographers, stylists, retailers, and fashionista’s like you gather inspiration from fashion’s past and everything else in the world. While my inspirations stem from many things – one passion I cannot deny is my attachment to vintage. There are so many era’s and decades to choose from - so many colours, accessories, fabrics, styles and silhouettes! It gives me an adrenaline rush just thinking of all of the delicious things to choose from! Because of this, I find it appropriate to turn your attention to this must have resource as places to look into on your vintage shopping hunt: Shrimpton Couture . Trust me when I say – this IS the number one place to go for beautiful vintage finds and creations.

Not only have they been written up in the Huffington Post, but they have also been recognized by the likes of celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe. Looking for inspiration on what to do with your couture? They also provide you with a look book that will leave you breathless and drooling for more. I know; I’ve been there.


1930's lingerie set

The picture above is a snippet of their look book – this 1930’s lingerie set? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. – so elegant, romantic and chic; makes me think back to the actress Marlene Dietrich.

Definitely do yourself a favour and take a glimpse into this world of art and glamour – you won’t be sorry you did.

Warmest wishes, 

Christie Ressel, International Image Consultant and Style coach
Personal Power Image Consulting 



No comments:

Post a Comment