Sunday, February 28, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
It's obvious, Canadians are totally into stylish and cool underwear. This Arabella suspender has been on the top of the girls' list for more than two weeks, moving up and down but always coming back to the top. And these Calvin's are just one of the many other briefs and boxers picked by the guys as top items. So next time you see a girl or a guy in a boring winter jacket zipped up to their eyes, don't judge them by 'their cover'. Think for a moment what those feather or fleece layers might be hiding?
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
i go by the name of dj lissa monet - i am a club, event and mixtape DJ who is insanely in love with music and fashion.
i will be hitting you up with updates on cool new music downloads from undiscovered artists and updates on my outfits for some of my events :)
here's a couple of cool downloads to get you started:
Marsha Ambrosius – ‘Yours Sincerely’ [Mixtape]
Ne-Yo - Drinks Up
Brandon Hines - In Search Of [EP]
Ludacris - Sexting
Dreamer Feat. Yelawolf – Crazy Girlz
Aion Clarke - Extraordinary
Young Scolla – Escaping Reality EP
for more music updates, log onto my blog http://lissamonet.com/blog
Monday, February 22, 2010
Zara is always great for on-trend fast fashion. I have a method to my fast-fashion shopping, however. The key is to buy non-descript basics from these types of stores. That way, you never have the problem of running into someone else wearing the same thing! I like to make the basics my own, with some high end, good quality investment pieces and some unique vintage. This Zara collection for spring/summer 2010 is full of amazing basics to keep you current and on trend....now how will you make them your own?
London fashion week also helping Haiti. Designer Vivienne Westwood and super model
Naomi Campbell united to help raise funds for the victim in Haiti. Just like in the U.S, they created the Fashion For Relief/Haiti T-shirt. All the proceeds from the sale will go towards
the White Ribbon Alliance.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Guys in Spain go relaxed according to their top item choice. This 100% cotton polo shirt by Kenneth Cole must feel great on the body and its blue colour only gives a calmly look in spite of the shirt's army-style details (it's hard to notice, but the polo comes with button flap pockets and shoulder epaulets)
This is the top item choice of the girls in Switzerland. Very light and floaty, this Juicy Couture dress is so brightly orange and simply calling for the summer to come sooner. Not to mention the reasonable price.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
$73.2 (On Sale from $105.6)
This model is one of the many from the new shoe line by Vivienne Westwood. They have the same shape, but come in different colours, from gold, silver to purple and baby pink and with different details, like bows or hearts. The French girls have chosen this particular emerald colour, which is bold enough to stand out and goes well with black or other bright colours.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Two string thong set
On sale: from $275.0 to $151.25
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Jeans are something that would always be IN, no matter the season. This is why we need to learn which jeans flatter better our body type. I know I have said this many times but ladies remember many crazy things can be in style BUT if it does not fit you it is just not for you.
There are 4 basic body shapes,
Pear Shape – Long neck, narrow shoulders, small bust, defined waist, curvy hips, full thighs
Straight Figure – Thin arms and legs, flat stomach, boyish figure, no curves
Hourglass Figure – Hips and bust are equal size, narrow waist, full bust, shapely legs
Inverted Triangle Shape – Broader shoulders, full bust, narrow hips, undefined waist, flat rear end
After you find your body type you should look for this type of jeans;
The is ideal cut for this shape is Boot cut because it balance the proportion of the curves of the body. Also try to find something with a dark wash. Other options that could work for this body type are the Flare cut, Wide leg, and the boyfriend cut.
Super skin and slim fit work great! Also something with ankle length and low rise could be another option . If you want to add some curve Flare cut jeans could give you that
Almost everything works for this body type! Boot cut, Super Skinny, Slim, and boy friend cut. Try to get a low rise cut in the front and a higher cut in the back.
Inverted Triangle Shape –
Boot cut or straight cut are the best. Other good options are the slim fit and the boyfriend cut. Try to get jean that are made more of a stretch materials.
**Also a great tip for petite ladies are the straight leg jeans**
Monday, February 15, 2010
Interesting top item choice in Russian fashionistas. Seems like the girls go aggressively pop up west seduced by graphic symbolism of the '60's, while guys prefer soft Holywood 40's, which in a way connects the Russian tradition of well dressed wealthy pre-comunist era gentlemen.
They are so Fabulous.
Easy to wear and can carry many things.
Best of all extremely stylish
( my favorite is the chain strap style )
Sunday, February 14, 2010
- Basic Black Dress - The basic black dress has been around for a long time. It is often called the “Little Black Dress”, and it’s true that shorter skirts on the basic black dress, when they hit you in the right place, can be more flattering than a long black dress.
- Trench Coat - The trench coat is one of the pieces that is both classic and currently a hot fashion item. Most any store sells this piece now. It is great for fall and you can pick it up in a wide range of lengths.
- Dress Pants - Although it doesn’t say black, this is probably what you want to look for. Black is flattering on all figures and goes with everything.
- Classic Shirt - The white shirt is a definite classic. But it can also come in many different styles to make it look trendy and not dated or like a man’s piece of clothing. Find one that accentuates your best attributes and minimizes trouble spots. For example, if you have wide shoulders, stay away from large collars.
- Jeans - Everyone has a pair of jeans, but does everyone have a pair of jeans that make them look great? The wider leg, low-rise jean style has been popular (and still is) but a narrower leg is coming back along with a higher waist, which eliminates the unflattering “muffin top” look.
- Any Occasion Top - Find something you look great in that can look respectable under a jacket but bring on the fun after hours.
- Skirt - If you need dress pants then you also need a skirt. A skirt is womanly and can be flirty or businesslike. Nowadays women do not wear many skirts or dresses, which makes a lot of them fall into a rut of dressing sloppily or like men. See number 8.
- Day Dress – Women also are not wearing as many dresses anymore. It was certainly liberating to go from the ’50s when women wore dresses every day to wearing more practical pants for gardening, exercising, and so forth. But the dress does not have to be abandoned altogether. They can be very flattering, and there is nothing wrong with “dressing up” for daytime.
- Jacket - A jacket does not have to be masculine. Find one with a proper, fitted shape. Women’s jackets should follow the silhouette of a woman’s body and accent the hourglass curve at her waist. It is also a perfect piece to put with the skirt or dress pants, and white shirt. Or make it casual with a pair of jeans.
- Sweatsuit Alternative - As mentioned before, women wear fewer skirts and dresses these days. But some women have taken casual to the extreme and spend days on end in sweatsuits. It is possible to be casual and comfortable without looking like a slob. Find a comfortable material (that’s why this doesn’t say jeans again – denim is not as comfortable as a nice soft cotton) that you would want to wear every day. It could be khakis, cords, a cotton dress, or much more.
Bonus: One Indulgent Trendy Item
Saturday, February 13, 2010
"To Haiti with love" read the prints on the models' t-shirts, while they were all out on the stage wrapping the catwalk in Bryant Park, New York yesterday. As a part of New York Fashion Week (Fall2010), Naomi Campbell shared the scene with the famous designers such as Donna Karan and Diane Von Furstenberg, who gracefully walked the stage next to the supermodel for the great cause.
The event was organized and hosted by the great philanthropist and fashion lover Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York.
If you want to contribute to this humanitarian action, visit www.care.org/fashionforrelief