Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Win a Phuze Ring!



I recently met the Canadian rep for an interesting line of one of a kind crystal blown jewellery, called Phuze, from designer Orfeo Quagliata who is based out of Mexico City. The rep from UniqArte offered me a ring as a gift (shown above, as well as on Bright Eye Initiative), but I thought I would share my wealth with you all and offer it up to the first person to answer this question correctly.....
What temperature is crystal blown at?

Phuze can be bought under the line UniqArte at www.theglamroom.com

10 comments:

  1. I'm not a glass blower, but from my research, glass is melted at temps up to 2400F (1315C) and is let cool slightly to release air bubbles, then it's molded in a second furnace (aka the “Glory Hole”) where its temp is sustained above 1350F (730C).

    So pick me, pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember it's crystal, not glass...things change a bit because of that, but a little more research should get you that ring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember it is crystal, not glass...things change a little because of that, but a little more research and that ring should be yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ‎​1700 degrees f

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The working temperature is approximately 2100F. The reheating drum is around 2250F, which allows for larger pieces or pieces that take longer to work with."
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xb48Y6EdA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine when does the contest end? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The crystal 'cocktail' (silica-sand, potash, and red-lead) is mixed and made into molten crystal in a furnace heated to 2,192° F (1,200° C)."

    - http://www.answers.com/topic/lead-crystal-1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it looks like we have a winner! 1700 degrees F is the correct answer, direct from the designer. Please email me directly Jdesro, so we can make arrangements.....

    info@christinevieira.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and thanks for participating all!

    ReplyDelete